IN SHAPE ATHLETIC CLUB TRAINER TIP
by Kelley Pearce American College of Sports Medicine certified
- Start by standing with your feet in a wider-than-shoulder-width stance.
- Your feet should stay parallel to one another.
- Keeping your left leg straight, shift your weight to the right leg, sit your hips back, and lower down until the right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Push back to the starting position and switch sides, shifting your weight into the left leg.
- Perform 2-3 sets for 10-15 repetitions on your right and then your left.
Safety cue: Make sure that when you are moving out to the side that you keep your shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle in a straight line.
Connect with one of our certified trainers today by calling 541.687.2200.